:)  Welcome Goldenscape lovers :)  

Welcome to GoldenScape

Register now to Goldenscape Forums to get  access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, and much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Pulsar

Desperately needed QoL changes

6 posts in this topic

Hello, GS-Community.

Most people will not know me, as I rather recently started playing on Golden-Scape, but I have quite a bit of experience when it comes to private servers, having worked and/or played on a lot of different ones. Having said that, I'd still classify myself as "Noob" when it comes to Golden-Scape, which is why I've talked to a few players about the "issues" that I - and others, apparently - currently have. Note that these issues are all QoL-related (quality of life), nothing of this is actually imparing anyone's ability to play this game. They're just annoying and tedious, in my opinion.

I am posting this topic to hopefully highlight these issues, and also - obviously - to discuss possible solutions!

#1: The charm drops, 1gp drops etc.

This is the first time that these drops actively bother me, why that is specifically is explained in #2 & #4, but even without further explanation, they're practically useless. All they do is clutter up the ground, and I never bother picking them up. They're just of no value, to me and to the people that I've talked about this with so far. It'd be great if those drops (at least the ~1-20gp drops) could be disabled, and if something like a charming imp (collecting the charms) could be added to the game, maybe as a reward for a low-ish amount of votepoints (10?).

#2: 2b-ticket drops

Most monsters/bosses reward you per kill by adding a specific amount of 2b-tickets to your inventory. I don't understand why that isn't the case for something ::love etc., it's making it so much more annoying to be "efficient", as in "don't leave 95% of the drops on the ground because it's annoying". It makes it unnecessarily annoying, and slows down the process of farming, especially for players that have very high strength-bonuses, as they oneshot monsters, yet are forced to wait for the drops to appear if they want to be efficient.

#3: Spam caused by too high droprate

We had a situation on the server (yesterday, I believe), where a moderator was telling a sponsor to not farm in the sponsorzone, as he was getting a shitton of drops (~10 drops/minute). Possible ways of solving this issue would be to either add an option for players to filter out rare drops from others, or for players to mute their announcements. Maybe it'd also be a good idea to mute announcements from specific zones.

#4: Rare drops in general

I find it really annoying (see points #2 & #4) to check the lootpile every single time I kill something like ::bloodcrystal, to ensure that I don't miss any rare drops, as those are not announced. Same goes for ::droprate etc., and I was wondering if it'd be possible to get a personal announcement, just something like "That monster left something shiny behind!", just a general heads-up that states "You just got something good, better pick it up".

#5: "You gained X points" & "Your droprate helped by X%"

These per-kill-messages clutter up the chatbox a lot. Adding an option to disable them (specifically, maybe) would be really nice!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Congratulations, you made it through "The wall of text"! Thanks for reading, and please let me know your thoughts on the points mentioned above, what possible solutions you see, and what other QoL-changes would be nice to see in Golden-Scape!

Kind regards, Pulsar

1 person likes this

Thank you for writing all this, but

Owners will read this and may even tell that they like this essay and maybe it will come alive but most likely not. Just saying that we're long waiting for forum update, in game update and eco reset. 

Note: it is my opinion.

I like what you wrote though.

-alex

hello guys i wil take a look to it im back now and free today may i can change some of this and add on the big update

and forums are done no need for big updates :P

Posted (edited)

Most monsters/bosses reward you per kill by adding a specific amount of 2b-tickets to your inventory. I don't understand why that isn't the case for something ::love etc., it's making it so much more annoying to be "efficient", as in "don't leave 95% of the drops on the ground because it's annoying". It makes it unnecessarily annoying, and slows down the process of farming, especially for players that have very high strength-bonuses, as they oneshot monsters, yet are forced to wait for the drops to appear if they want to be efficient.

You say its slow process of farming wait next update u will see who slows farming procces all items stats will be nerfed. Best set part = 600str.

Most monsters/bosses reward you per kill by adding a specific amount of 2b-tickets to your inventory. I don't understand why that isn't the case for something ::love etc., it's making it so much more annoying to be "efficient", as in "don't leave 95% of the drops on the ground because it's annoying". It makes it unnecessarily annoying, and slows down the process of farming, especially for players that have very high strength-bonuses, as they oneshot monsters, yet are forced to wait for the drops to appear if they want to be efficient

Most monsters/bosses reward you per kill by adding a specific amount of 2b-tickets to your inventory. Make me a list i will fix it:) ::love fixed. after update it will works.

This is the first time that these drops actively bother me, why that is specifically is explained in #2 & #4, but even without further explanation, they're practically useless. All they do is clutter up the ground, and I never bother picking them up. They're just of no value, to me and to the people that I've talked about this with so far. It'd be great if those drops (at least the ~1-20gp drops) could be disabled, and if something like a charming imp (collecting the charms) could be added to the game, maybe as a reward for a low-ish amount of votepoints (10?).

Charms drops deleted;) Half gp drops deleted too. If u dont like gp drops just dont take it;)

I find it really annoying (see points #2 & #4) to check the lootpile every single time I kill something like ::bloodcrystal, to ensure that I don't miss any rare drops, as those are not announced. Same goes for ::droprate etc., and I was wondering if it'd be possible to get a personal announcement, just something like "That monster left something shiny behind!", just a general heads-up that states "You just got something good, better pick it up".

I dont edit those zones couz i will take it off the game;)  Too much zones atm.

Edited by di3la

18 hours ago, di3la said:

alex can you shut up?; )

Can't I even tell my own opinion? Great.

18 hours ago, di3la said:

You say its slow process of farming wait next update u will see who slows farming procces all items stats will be nerfed. Best set part = 600str.

Most monsters/bosses reward you per kill by adding a specific amount of 2b-tickets to your inventory. I don't understand why that isn't the case for something ::love etc., it's making it so much more annoying to be "efficient", as in "don't leave 95% of the drops on the ground because it's annoying". It makes it unnecessarily annoying, and slows down the process of farming, especially for players that have very high strength-bonuses, as they oneshot monsters, yet are forced to wait for the drops to appear if they want to be efficient

Most monsters/bosses reward you per kill by adding a specific amount of 2b-tickets to your inventory. Make me a list i will fix it:) ::love fixed. after update it will works.

Charms drops deleted;) Half gp drops deleted too. If u dont like gp drops just dont take it;)

I dont edit those zones couz i will take it off the game;)  Too much zones atm.

Hopefully we can see this coming alive..

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0